The end of the world is coming. And I don’t think it is going to be a Mad Max franchise movie. The rival factions:
- the Fascists want everything to be “safe” and “fair”; everyone will follow what others dictate is good for them. There is room for discussion as long as everyone believes in the ONE direction.
- the Utopians (formerly marxist) want everyone to believe anything they want. As long as it is not christian. They are prohibited. Oh, and not the Jews. Peace through strict re-education. Moral code is based on science; the spiritual is obsolete.
- the Bureaucrats want everything run through policy handbooks. procedures, and committees. “results-oriented” and efficient are not pertinent. Enlarging the scope and budget of the bureaucracy is its purpose.
- the Media want to be a power-player. the governed will receive no divergent opinion or fact to cause a lack of trust. All approved consumerism is channeled to the public through Media which takes its cut.
- half of the people want the world to see they are inoffensive, not self-seeking and are tolerant; the other half of the people want to be left alone to pursue the American Dream, raise their family, teach their children and live with some hope for the future.